




I haven't been writing for what, a month and a half? As I said before, I was in Paris, and it was AWESOME! (Imagine me saying awesome the way Barney Stinson says on How I Met Your Mother) It really was one of the best summers in my life. It was so fun. And now, I've started thinking about going to college in Paris. Towards the end of the program, I started feeling like a Parisienne. Hahaha. It really was a beautiful experience.
One of the classes I had was Cuisine. I think it was fab! We had a final buffet for the teachers and the staff at the end of the month. I'll tell you a little about that. Hahaha my fave topic.
Making a buffet like that takes a lot of work. A lot. We had to cook for almost 60 people and it wasn't easy at all.
We had about 7-8 dishes, 2 of them desserts. We made Fungi Caravella which is some kind of pasta we served in little wood plates. (The theme of the buffet was nature and eco-friendliness) We had shrimp in berry sauce, ratatouille tartines, bruchettas with citron and sardine butters, vegetarian spring rolls and a few more that I can't remember right now. For desserts we had a Brazilian dish called brigaderros. It was so good. Condensed milk, chocolate and butter. Could it get any better? We made them into little balls and rolled them in coconut and pistachio. I think it was one of the best desserts I've ever had.
Making drinks was so fun! We had this tiny bar kind of place (actually just a table with glasses and ice and stuff on it) where we prepared the drinks for people. Smashing mint leaves in the glass and putting ice and berry syrup.... I felt like a barman. (barmaid? I guess:)
It sounds like just cooking and putting the dishes on a table but no. Of course not. It has so much more to do. You have to put them in a specific order. Make them look good.
Then always be on the look out for finished plates, glasses left in the middle of nowhere. (Those need to be picked up. Always. Or else it looks bad if there are piles of plates and glasses everywhere.) Then, always change finished plates of dishes on the buffet table. (I don't remember how many times my friends and I ran in to the kitchen to get more food) Also, always be prepared for any kind of crisis. For example, we had a little crisis when it came to our second dessert. There was supposed to be a red sauce on the fromage blanc-yoghurt thingy, but we realized that we forgot to put the sauce!:) Our teacher, Julie helped us and cut little pieces of fruits to put on the yoghurt.
Even if it takes a lot of time, and is really hard work, and may be painful at times (I cut my finger while chopping avocados. Nothing serious or bloody, but still... :) IT WAS REALLY FUN!
Wow I wrote a lot. Işıl this should take you a lot of time to read:) I'll write more about the experiences I had in Paris. I'll make it up for the my lack of writing this past month:)

No comments:
Post a Comment